It’s Tuesday again, which means it’s the perfect time to take another 20 minute hiatus from life! I have a very important meeting in an hour and a half, that’s kind of stressing me out, so I decided to take some time for self care and do my absolute favourite thing:
Go to a cafe, order breakfast and a latte, and blog with you all.
Win. Always a win.
So let’s check out some of those things I’m seriously smitten with this week:
- I resonated with the signs and symptoms of an introvert hangover so much, although for me it is a mix of those and just an increased lack of patience and really high levels of anxiety! I’ll snap at the simplest things, and will transfer my frustration and guilt and inability to focus on those I love most. It’s a tough one, because even with those you love the most you still sometimes need a break. For me, I always feel guilty about it too, because it is easily portrayed as an affront to those around you when you say, “I need to be alone”, and often sounds to people who don’t quite get it like, “I need to be AWAY from YOU!” It doesn’t mean that. It just means my battery is drained and needs to be recharged with fresh air and solitude.
- I can’t remember what TV show it was that had a scavenger hunt proposal, but ever since I saw it I thought it was the sweetest and most romantic thing. It shows so much thought and love, going through different places you’ve been together, different things you discovered together, all the memories of all the little things… either that or I’m a cliché romcom fanatic. This guy had it all right.
- There are so many places I want to see, but after following on instagram and snapchat, Michigan has made it onto my list for sure. (There’s a LIGHTHOUSE, and a giant lake that reminds me of an OCEAN! And delicious looking cafes, food, and coffee. Win.)
- It always mind boggles me when you see Instagram photos of women with “perfect” bodies, and then hear the story behind how it actually looks that way. This woman is an inspiration, and I am seriously smitten with how the body that has “lived more, given more, and enjoyed more” is given its credit. Body’s like this are a result of living and loving life, instead of losing and loathing self.
- My Goodness… I had to pee when I read this list of Mom texts, and it almost ended very badly for the chair in the cafe I was sitting in quite a few times. The sad thing is, my mom would totally text a good number of these.
- A fantastic podcast interview by Caroline Dooner with Isabel Foxen Duke, a Certified Health Coach and Emotional Eating Activist, fantastic body image and body positive activist, and all around badass in the food, eating disorder, and food psychology realm. Seriously, one of my favourite emails to read each week, and she makes SO MUCH SENSE! You’ll laugh, you’ll resonate, and you’ll agree, and say, “Man, society is f***ed up!”
- I need this shirt. And a large iced vanilla soy latte with it, please and thank you… Oh, and a side of this shirt and this shirt. And this print. Okay I’m done.
- My next kitchen wishlist item. Money, money, money… you’re fleeting and easily spent.
- Flourless, high protein pancake recipe that I ADORE. I usually do it as is, with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, OR I make a pumpkin version, with 1/2 a banana, 1/4 cup of pumpkin purée, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. And top with lots of nut butter and blueberries. (SIDE NOTE: there is NOTHING wrong with carbs or flour. This is just for those times when you want something a bit different, taste or texture wise. I still love me some good oat flour pancakes, or regular pancakes if they’re dense and hearty too!)
- A really cool free summit I’m a part of, that started yesterday (but it’s never too late to join!, all about making peace with food, loving your body, and feeling beautiful inside and out. It features daily interviews with leading experts in this area, and is a much needed breath of fresh air for anyone struggling with unrealistic expectations, food and/or body image issues.
Happy Tuesday to you all, once again!